Savour a delicious lunch with our basil chicken caesar wraps. This recipe uses Irish chicken thighs, which are full of flavour, and is accompanied by a mouthwatering basil caesar sauce. This recipe serves 4-5 people. Ask your butcher to debone chicken legs and remove the skin for convenience.
- 5 boneless, skinless Irish chicken thighs
- 5 wholemeal wraps or tortilla
- 500g of parmesan cheese
- 1 head of washed lettuce (cos or iceberg)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 300g of streaky Irish bacon
- 100g of croutons
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 jar of semi-dried tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the basil, egg yolks, 100g of parmesan, anchovy fillets, white wine vinegar, garlic and paprika. Add to a hand blender and blend until all pieces have combined. The sauce should be a thicker consistency but can be loosened by adding more olive oil.
- Add olive oil to a pan and grill the chicken thighs, flipping only once. Ensure they are cooked all the way through. Season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Once the chicken is cooked thoroughly, chop into cubes and add to a bowl. Cook off the bacon until crispy and combine with chicken. Toast the wraps in the same pan.
- Layer a generous serving of the sauce onto a wrap, then add the rest of the ingredients; lettuce, croutons semi-dried tomatoes, chopped chicken thighs and bacon. Grate over extra parmesan if desired.
- Fold the sides in, then roll tightly from the bottom. Seal the top edge with water or sauce, and serve whole or cut diagonally.